Scenario: Install VMware-tools CentOS 6 on VMware ESXi 6
– Right click on guest VM.
– Select Install/Upgrade VMware Tools. Note: VMware tools installer will assign as CD/DVD or iso image in the server.
– Login as root access the server or SSH remote to install VMware tools.
Scenario: How to setup NFS server and NFS client.
– CentOS 7 NFS server IP Address: 192.168.99.11
– CentOS 6 NFS client IP Address: 192.168.99.17
1) Configure NFS server
– Install NFS packages on the CentOS server with yum:
yum install nfs-utils
– Create the directory that will be shared by NFS: